Week 44, 7-23-2018

Hey, what's up people? 


We were able to do a lot of good work this week. We started teaching a few new people, and we did a lot of weeding, and yard work. I'd say that over the week we probably did 12 hours of service. 

Unfortunately, I have some "bad" news. I don't really know if it's bad though; it all depends on perspective. But anyway, whether you see it as a good thing or a bad thing, I will be going on a short medical leave from my mission. I say short, but I honestly don't know how long it will be.

Basically, the situation is that I will be flying home on the 30th. I have an appointment with a cardiologist scheduled for the 31st. In that appointment, it will be determined whether or not I need a defibrillator implant in my chest. My cardiologists have been talking about giving me this implant since I was 14 years old, but they have up to this point always decided it wasn't necessary. The reason they are now reconsidering is because my septum has grown another three millimeters. If they decide I don't need the surgery, I will most likely be sent back out to DC within a week. If I do get the surgery done I'm probably going be recovering for about a month. It isn't a very invasive surgery; most of the recovery time is getting arm strength back because they cut through the pectoral muscle.

I am personally hoping that I get the surgery done because I would feel a little safer having the implant in my chest, and also I don't really want to go through the trouble of going home for nothing.

I still don't know if I'll keep up the weekly updates while I'm at home or not. But I suppose you'll know if I do. 

Stay safe and stay safe. 


From... Ya already know who it is! - Eli

Comments

  1. Kid, you are made of tougher stuff than most. Regardless of the decision you are and have been in my daily prayers. You're in very good hands. May the force be with you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Didn't know your blog didn't know who this was. (note made above) It's your Auntie Wawa.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts