Week 40, 6-25-2018



Hey, what's up people?

So this week was more eventful than last week. So unfortunately for you guys, I will not be giving you a list of the Eli’s best plants.
"The old Zone"
BTW, the ninja head band made me better at basketball. 

So big news! I'm actually getting transferred. I've been on my mission for nine months now, and I've been in the same area for the entire time. And Elder Roper is going home. So we've had to prepare two areas to be whitewashed. The reason I say that we're preparing two areas is that they are splitting the two wards (congregations) we cover.

The Wakefield ward is being made into the new office area. So the office elders are being moved into our apartment. (This has been a long time coming because the mission office is actually in the area.) And Fairfax is being taken by the Burk sisters. Which is another area right next to it. So Elder Roper, Elder Nielsen, and I were the only missionaries to ever serve in WakeFax.

Goodbye to the Wakefield Priest Quorum


So Elder Roper is going home and I am going all the way out to the Warrenton 2 Ward. Warrenton is the westernmost part of the DC south mission, and the Warrenton 1 and 2 wards are the two biggest English-speaking family wards in the mission. So my area takes up about the entire southwest part of the mission. Elder Roper served in the Warrenton 1 ward, so he's been telling me about the area. From what he and others have told me it's very country and a southern culture. So wish me luck. My new companion is named Elder Dunn.

It's been kind of hard having to say goodbye to so many people the last few days (especially Sunday). At this point, I've been a part of the Wakefield and Fairfax wards for about three times as long as I was at my home ward in Texas. But lucky for me, I was able to avoid speaking during either sacrament meeting.

Stay safe and don't litter. 

From MC Clap Yo Handz! - Eli


Saying goodbye to Elder Roper.


Comments

Popular Posts