Week 42, 7-9-2018


Hey, what's up people?

So, I hope you all took my advice and had a happy Independence Day. Mine was pretty dang good. Holidays are really weird on a mission because they're supposed to be treated as normal proselyte and teaching days, but most people don't want to talk to us on holidays. In general, I and all the missionaries I know don't look forward to holidays. Not because they're bad, but you can't really relax on them like you would at home and you can't spend time with family, so they usually end up feeling like normal days, that are just a little harder to get work done on.

But my Independence Day was actually relaxing. We started the day with a breakfast party, and then we had to exchange our car for something with more clearance. So we now have a graphite Nissan Rogue (it’s a total mom car). But with the drive and an ice cream break in the middle, it took up most of our day.

After that, we went to an Independence Day party. Fun fact, the host of the party– Shawn Boyce Jr.–served his mission in Phoenix, Arizona and was in my old ward there. So, he used to be my missionary and now I'm his.

The night ended with a bunch of illegal, ratchet, redneck fireworks. A couple of them went off on the ground, one hit one of the guys lighting it, and they all exploded way too low. It was awesome. (And don't worry I had dinner today with the guy that got hit last night, and he's fine.)

Stay safe and don't use illegal fireworks. 

From two gnomes standing on each other's shoulders. - Eli


Still adjusting to all the wide-open spaces!

Hanging with a new friend.

Comments

Popular Posts